Inspired - Home of the week, Minnie Mortimer

 



I can't help but save "inspiring" images for my future cottage by the sea. I'm getting ready for a change, so my head is spinning with fresh ideas. These recent photos from a Vogue article on fashion designer Minnie Mortimer's Malibu home stopped me in my tracks. I mean WOW, this home spoke to me. I love that she channels a West Coast meets East Coast vibe. Her home is unpredictable and welcoming but in a fabulously chic way. I'm personally drawn to a casually, glamorous way of living myself. It not only suits my tastes but also my evolving lifestyle. This quote sorts of sums her style up perfectly: My last question can’t flummox Mortimer, either. “Are you a T-shirt girl or an evening-gown girl?” I inquire. “Both!” she hollers. “I cover a lot of ground in my life. Besides, there’s nothing I love more than a costume change." I couldn't agree more! (and can only dream of wearing evening gowns)




How wonderful are the walls of books in her home?





Photographed by Claiborne Swanson Frank, Images: Vogue