One Room Challenge - Week 6

 Today is the final week and reveal day for the One Room Challenge! Wow, that went quick. All the bloggers listed below have been working hard on their spaces. They all turned out beautifully and are unique in their own way. Be sure to pop over to the blogs below for all the fabulousness!!

Here's the scoop on my room, it is not finished up yet - whomp, whomp..... I signed on for this challenge before I knew I was going to be out of town and off to NYC for a week. I really wanted to finish the space up for not only this challenge but for myself. I have learned that maybe I shouldn't have taken on the challenge while trying to renovate an entire home and while working full time. I promise I'll share the room (and entire house) when it is finished!! I've made some real progress but over the six week span other rooms in my home and areas of my life (like being a good Mommy, girlfriend and owner of a thriving business) needed to take priority! I have however shared the progress that has been made in the kitchen! (see pictures)..
The outdated + scary kitchen before
Here's a peek at the stone and fabrication company I use - so many choices!
I purchased this slab of Carrara marble for the counter tops. I'm having it honed. Now I need to pick the faucet. I'm having trouble settling on one. 
And the "now" picture. 

Yes, it's a construction site but it has come a long way. A HUGE thank you to my father for completing the work for me. He's been amazing. Now I just have to find a way to thank him!! Also, thank you to my sweet boyfriend for completing all the messy demo work in the house! (I've also had the bathroom(s) renovated)

Here's what I've done so far on the kitch...I had a new window installed and the old cabinet boxes are repainted. This is a great way to update a kitchen but also save some cash. I had the deep slate colored tile floor installed. I'm selecting a back splash tile this weekend and have also purchased a new stainless stove. (I need to select a new fridge)  My electrician installed recessed and under-cabinet lighting and I am going to select a pendant for over the sink. (I have it narrowed down to a few - I'll share those pictures next week). 
My Dad made and installed the moulding and he's custom making all new cabinet door fronts. I'm ordering a glass front door for over the cabinet with the green interior. I plan to house my white dishes and glasses there. I used the color Swiss Chard by Clark+Kensington as the accent color. It is a shade from their new paint deck. All the new colors will hit most ACE stores during the Spring of 2014. I'll be sure to share more progress shots of the kitchen and my final reveal over the next month or two!! Again, my apologies that the living room isn't finished up...

Here's a small update on the living room: I ordered these wheat sconces for over the mantel. I love them! Find them here.  In all honesty, I need to finish the kitchen so I can move in. Most of my energy and cash is going towards that! Cheers for now, off to a client meeting!! xx