Thoughts on home....design office


I've been making some real progress with my new home. I've laid out most of the furniture. It's a smaller space so I've had to really get creative with my ideas and furniture plans but it's coming together! I'm really happy with the paint colors and a number of you have asked about the grey color I used on the living room walls. 

I used Ace Hardware's paint+primer in one brand Clark+Kensington  throughout the house. I'm their design expert and love the product. 

The color on the walls is custom but it's a very close match to: Colonial Shades: 5066, by Clark+Kensington.

I've also hired a new assistant named Meg. So far she's been great. Next week my plan is to set up our design offices together. They are going to be in a room in my new home that I'm eventually going to rehab. This initial set up will be temporary.

Some day I'd like to have a small office and retail space combined but that most likely won't happen until my kids are out of childcare! ;)

I love Melissa Davis of Ruby Press PR firms' fresh approach seen in the images here. My office too will have clean white walls, pops of color and layers of textural interest. Images via Lonny.


This pink chesterfield sofa and zebra bench are phenomenal!!