Thoughts on home



My move in date is drawing closer!! Eek.
I'm placing my tile orders today and took advantage of the tax free holiday purchases in Massachusetts this weekend.

KITCHEN:

Here are my thoughts: I'm going with a 12 x 24" slate kitchen floor. I originally wanted to use a slightly smaller tile and lay it out in a herringbone pattern (like the Thomas Smythe kitchen below) but thought I may go with a herringbone back splash instead. 


I'm pretty sure I'm going to use a white backsplash tile but update the design a bit with a classic herringbone  layout.

BATHROOMS:

The house only has a bath and a half. I've chosen a black hexagon tlle and white subway tiles for the walls in the full bath. I'm papering the main bath in Thibaut's : Tanzania and the half bath with Rose Cummings: Zebrine in blue and white. (I've used the for a client in the past but have always wanted it in my own home.) I'm going to with a mini high gloss hexagon tile in the 1/2 bath.


I bought this carrara top vanity at Lowes in this weekend and am using a faucet similar to these Kohler versions below. I'll also change out the hardware.


I'm finishing off the full bath with a monogrammed shower curtain. Here are two options (top) and (bottom)

Tanzania
Zebrine in navy

 Cheers to a great week!