Uber cool

Well I had typed up a entire spiel on mid-century modern design and my favorite architects etc..including Neutra, Paul Williams, and Warren Plater but my three year old daughter hopped on my lap and deleted it by accident in an attempt to see the first image with the "kids" and also to most likely get her mama's attention. (Sorry Emmi, I'm almost done). So here's the quick, edited down version. School has been canceled today because of this epic snow storm heading our way. 

I find too many mid-century modern inspired homes are often filled with iconic mid-century pieces and that's it. They're a tad predictable and hardly look inviting. To each her own but that's hardly what I'd do with a mid-century or newly designed modern home....nobody asked but in case you're wondering.. I'd fill it up with a mix of amazing iconic finds layered with soft textures, and cozy chic pieces.... That's precisely what the owner's of this Connecticut home have done. I guess I wouldn't expect less from the Editor-in-Chief of Town and Country magazine. He's given the entire magazine and website a fresh revamp as seen here. Read more about this fabulous home via The New York Times.

great rug, lamp, basket..office in general

The power of a wing chair

Love this blue shelf full of books and the Slim Aaron photo.