Happenings...

Photography: Sarah Winchester

Happy Monday. I hope this little sneak peek doesn't frustrate you. I can't show the entire room quite yet. This job consisted of a small powder room, a mud room and an entire kitchen renovation. The fabrics are from Peter Dunham, Starburst and Hable Construction. The rug, HomeGoods, believe it or not.


Rose Cummings - Zebrine in blue
I've also been working with a client remotely on another small, budget friendly kitchen renovation. She's given the thumbs up to using Rose Cummings Zebrine in blue to line the back of bookshelves + also in a small mudroom. Whoo hoo. I love this wallpaper and may HAVE to use it in my own powder room someday.

Speaking of my own home..the search will resume and intensify this Spring. There hasn't been much on the market. Remember I promised to show you what's available for about $315,000 in this area.  Wish granted, here's a sample of what's out there. It's not a bad little house, I could make it shine, the issue is it's only 1050 sq feet with two bedrooms. I need three...



I thankfully caught fashion photographer, Mario Testino 's exhibit at the MFA this past weekend. It was perfection. From the lighting, to the photographs (obviously), to the wall color selected, to the frames..I loved it.

 On a final fashion note...I've decided to go to a Gala/fundraiser this Spring in honor of a friend and the local Boys and Girls club. I'm not sure of the exact dress code, but wouldn't it be fun to have an excuse to buy a gown and dress up? Here are a few beauties I'd like to wear. 


Classic black lace with a modern silhouette, I've always loved Monique Lhuillier dresses. This form fitting one looks like it would be flattering on. 

I love navy when the shade is right. It also would work well with my light hair. This Michael Kors version is pretty.

You have to chose color wisely with gowns but for a Spring event this Emerald green dress nails it. Although I'd have to see how the pleats fall, I'm sure this model is a soaring 5'11". (which I can be with heels) It's also way out of my price range..but a girl can be inspired, can't she?

or as my reader mentioned (see comment) I could go with a cocktail dress.. They're sort of more my style and I'd wear it again...and again..here's some gorge cocktail dress (+ skirt) inspiration. I would love to find a feathered skirt to wear with a sequin top. I ADORE all of these looks.