Lattice!

I just returned from a whirlwind business trip to Chicago. (plus I have a bit of exciting news I'd like to share but more on that Monday) That's such a great city! It actually allowed me a couple of hours to actually sit and read a magazine! September's issue of House Beautiful looks great and so does this house by designer Ashley Whittaker. Her application of lattice on this sun porch is both creative and three dimensional. There's something welcoming, fresh and a bit old fashioned about this classic pattern.
And in it's obvious state: on outdoor porches
 
I love the application on cabinet or closet doors! This is more of a fret work design but you get the concept.
Or for less dimension try paint or wallpaper! Ever since seeing this shot in Lonny years ago, I've loved the idea of these oversized sconces in a bathroom.


I want to attempt to paint a lattice wall soon!