One Room 2 Looks with: Classic Casual Home

"Sophisticated comfort" is a great way to describe the design style of my next guest blogger for "1 room 2 looks". Mary is as talented as she is nice and that is an understatement! Her classic approach to design is a nice break from the all the current fad trends happening in the world of design! Her blog is a daily read of mine and up in my top faves! If you have not visited Classic Casual Home then get your bloggin butts on over and fall in love, I know I have!


***
 When Amber from Amber Interiors asked me for a post about decorating one room two ways I thought "That's easy since I am always moving things around."   I have pillows covers stored in a closet that make reappearances.  Sometimes, something as simple as a little accessory like beach glass from Pottery Barn can motivate me to start playing with room.   I think many of you feel the same way.

Here is a our living room/family room in our renovated 1950's cottage in Newport Beach, Ca.

"Dressed for Winter"
 The Ikat pillow is by Madeline Weinrib and the black paisley pillow was custom made from a cotton/wool blend (made in India) from Kravet.  I bought the hand embroidered suzani cloth (made in Uzbekistan) on Ebay a couple years ago.  It gets moved around from room to room.  It was last used as a table runner.
 I like to accessorize with real fruit.  The elegant 
Orrefor's crystal bowl from my mom counterbalances 
the rough cement planter and succulent plant.

"Dressed for Spring"
This is one of four 100% linen pillows (we have two matching sofas in the room).  The fabric is by Blithfield and is made is England.  The colorful cotton quilt was purchased by my friend's daughter on a trip in Polynesia.

 Here is the beach glass from Pottery Barn that I mentioned and 
some fresh flowers from the grocery store.

Thanks, Amber, for letting me stop by and "play."

Mary Ann

Mary you are a treasure! Thanks for playin'.

xo
Photobucket