Picture Perfect - Room{s} of the week


I just began a new project for an existing client. They live in a large old house. I'm excited to move the job downstairs to the living room and foyer.  The upstairs bedrooms are almost {key word being almost}  finished. Their style is what I refer to as "updated traditional".  I am going to finish up their concept board this week but I've already shopped the design center for most of the fabrics. I've been drawn to traditional interiors with a modern edge lately. I think they feel lived in, as though they have evolved over time but still fresh. The two rooms above by Ashley Whittaker fall perfectly into this style. I love the mix of pattern, texture, color and objects in these adjoining rooms.  They each have an identity of their own but work so well together. Creating a cohesive whole,  is the key to "great" design!

Have a good day!! I have something exciting to share with you tomorrow, so do check back. I think you'll like it! - Julie